How to blog when you are disturbed


Recently, I have experienced immense mental trauma due to some personal anxieties. It is extremely difficult to concentrate and blog in such situations. If blogging is more than a hobby to you, you will certainly face the same situation, if you haven't faced it already.

Unfortunately, readers of a blog don't forgive the bloggers for inconsistency, whatever the reason might be. They will probably unsubscribe from your feed and will never come back. So, I decided to blog about the things that might help us blog through these tough times.

How to blog when depressed?


  • Motivation from idols


This is something I did all this time. I have always found that the top bloggers that inspire me, have a tremendous posting frequency irrespective of the day. Have a look at the statistics on the left.

I am certain that these people go through bad phases as much as we do. But still they never give up blogging. I really admire the professionalism they bring to the table.

I asked my Bmom Liz about this. As usual, she helped me out. This is what she told me to do:

When I'm down I try get away from my computer, I go looking for things that we're made by people -- trees and sky and the lake and I look and I reflect until I don't have any words. I let the space fill me up until I can breathe again.
When I can breathe, then I think about what I will write
That's how I wrote this.


  • Motivation from with in

You will only get to half the post and again crawl back into depression, if you aren't self motivated. You must force yourself to think why you started blogging in the first place. For me it is the traffic and readers' comments that keeps me going.
  • Know what is at stake?

To cope up with the situation you will need to be a little strict with yourself, think about what you will lose if you dint write the post. Some of the things at stake are reputation, reader count, money count, blog credibility etc.
  • How will it be good?

Show yourself the brighter side, the result, if you do make the post. This is another psychology which will give you a positive frame of mind, to make the post. Also, you will be able to put in a 100% since you will be thinking about the good which will come out.
  • Watch a cartoon/anime

This is a personal tip which will be different for each one of us. Basically, you need to watch something that takes you to another world. I get a similar experience when I read Harry Potter in one sitting.
  • Taste the money

Everybody is motivated by money. Some more some less. It works wonders for me. I go to a forum, people generally show off there earnings when they have had a good day. This invokes a competitive feel and shows you that it is possible for you to get there.
  • Credibility is Blogging Money!!

If you don't care about any of the points above. This is the point you just cant ignore. The years or months of hard work that you have put in your blog can all go to waste in a single day.

The wealth you have earned is not Google Pagerank or Adsense Dollars, but it is the role you have assumed in the blogosphere. If you want credibility you have to work through the tough times, without losing readers.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great piece. As someone who often struggles to find the perfect words and writing style in writing blog posts (I'm quite new to blogging), it's easy to think you're the only one finding it difficult! Especially when reading professional blogs.

I'll remember reading this - very thought-provoking.

Thanks,

Michelle.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Think of something that isn't you. When you are the center of the universe. Everything is about you. When you see something else that hurt or is beautiful, you can forget yourself, crawl out of yourself and realize that there is a whole world besides the one that revolves around you. :)

I know, it was a surprise for me too! :)

Basketer said...

@michelle

Thanks :)

We all think that we are the only one at fault and it is easier to recover when you know somebody else went through the same thing.

I will be looking forward to your visits :)

Basketer said...

@ Liz

Welcome Bmom, welcome to my blog.

This is what you tell me everytime I keep rambling about how sad or depressed I am.

To detach me from my own self is a tedious task but it does help a lot after you manage to do it. Takes a lot of self confidence to do it.

I read it on google and this is known as a helicopter view of things.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. It can be hard to write when you feel down - unless that is the subject you normally write about.
Find something inspirational or fun to listen to or watch. I find that helps me forget about myself.
Find something that you have been successful with or that has made you feel good before an build on it.

Basketer said...

Hi James

It is nice to see you visit again. The way you have summarized the post is just wonderful and that is the gist of this post

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Blog! I love it.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀酒店打工 酒店工作酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服酒店 酒店經紀 打工兼差

Unknown said...

The best way more dearest vftbieg and modern-day specs following. Will you be fatigued on the typical Oakley Frogskins ? If and so, you need to try a take some sort of appear on some popular model Oakley Frogskin. in this celebration people browse on the net, you could possibly obtain there is commonly some sort of extensive selection of Cheap Oakley Sunglasses of which inside popular or retro styles. it genuinely is significant for everyone to obtain a couple discounted Oakley Jawbone. we will be able to gain a whole bunch from most of these discounted Oakley Jawbones if we've got bought just one.

Unknown said...

You've got as a final point look vytrqpn to the understanding for you to call for understanding cups. The good Oakley Frogskins news is, about to catch by yourself. While little one Boomers get into centre get older throughout droves, further Oakley Frogskin stores are generally answering and adjusting his or her requires, with their more rapid getting electrical power. as a consequence, the chances throughout understanding Cheap Oakley Sunglasses are generally unlimited! Users are generally zero expanded relegated for you to having your wire-rimmed 50 % eye Oakley Jawbone throughout the conclude in the nasal, along with holding an outside set of two Oakley Jawbones pertaining to understanding while using sun's rays.

Unknown said...

To find out precisely vbaghnm how very good Oakley Sunglasses Cheap bifoval sun glasses are generally, we've got to determine what are generally Half X Oakley 1st. you can easliy discover this specific off their brand: large explanation Oakley Sunglasses Discount. These are Sale Oakley Sunglasses providing you developing a plenty sharper eye-sight. Truly, Oakley Jawbone is mostly a variety of Oakley Stpl Jawbone along with Oakleys, along with the Oakley sunglasses, that is simple with the large explanation Half X, point out to make available supreme lucidity including a further Oakley Sunglasses Outlet dazzling globe to the users.

Unknown said...

Television is not real life. In real kithg86 life people actually have to leave
the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Cheap New Era Hats

New Era 59fifty Hats

New Era 59fifty caps

New Era Hats Wholesale

Cheap Hats

Anonymous said...

Very nice Post!
Gift of Flowers